Click here to view Summer 2019 ARTSmart programs.
Winter-Spring 2019 ARTSmart programs for children and families
East meets West Part II
Travel the remainder of the Silk Road as part of the museum’s “Silk Road through Kansas” programming. We will visit India, China, Japan, and the Middle East.
Toddlers and Twos
School age (Kindergarten and up)
Classes are held the following weeks:
- January 9-12: Arabic Tessellations
- February 6-9: Celebrate Chinese New Year’s: The Year of the Pig
- March 6-9: Indian textile printing
- April 10-12: The Art of the Fan
- No class on April 13, please join us for the free Week of the Young Child Open House
- May 22-25: Japanese Children’s Day Koi Nobari kites (traditionally celebrated May 5)
Classes meet on the first Tuesday of the month and allow homeschool families a chance to participate in the museum’s school field trip program. Classes are appropriate for kids in kindergarten on up.
February 5, 1-2:30 p.m. The Photos of Pete Souza and portrait workshop
March 5, 1-2:30 p.m. Optics: Light, Color, and Pigments
April 2, 1-2:30 p.m. Celebrating Heroes
May 7, 1-2:30 p.m. Intersection of Math and Art
Cost for all above classes is $3 per child, $1.50 for military families, and reservations are required. Call 785-532-7718 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for reservations. Children must be accompanied by an adult. If you need to cancel your reservation let us know so we can call those on the waiting list.
Special Price for Military Families: In conjunction with the Blue Star Museum program, the Beach Museum of Art offers military families half price on all workshops and classes!